Tuesday 3 February 2009

The Firefox a.k.a. Red Panda.

My browser is named after this little fella (or girl, I can't tell!).



I left Red Pandas out of my previous Blog post as they are not Bears (Ursidae), but are in a family of their own (Ailuridae).

Like Giant Pandas, Red Pandas have a false thumb which helps them to grip bamboo shoots & leaves. They also spend most of their lives eating, pooing (as they also can't digest cellulose) and sleeping!



That's how I used to spend a lot of my life when I ate a high-carb diet. Since I've been eating more salmon, I've been more active than usual. It's not yet 8am and I'm on-line, typing this.

1 comment:

Rosso said...

Firefox 3.1 beta 2 is out here:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-beta.html

Give it a try, its significantly faster than the current version.

If you have any add-ons with compatibly issues, look for an add-on called "nightly tester tools". This will override all compatibility.