Sunday 6 February 2011

Comments Enabled.

Any resemblance to a post by another blogger is completely intentional.

My blog is like Wikipedia. Posts contain hyperlinks, in bold blue text.

I post music videos, as they add variety to what is otherwise a rather dry subject.

I post pictures, as they make my blog stand out.

A blog is not a book. Once a book is published, it becomes outdated as soon as new information appears. A blog is easily edited. Therefore, when I learn something new that makes the information in a blog post outdated, I edit the post to bring the information up-to-date.

I pepper my posts with references, hyperlinked for your convenience. I'm retired, so I have more free time on my hands than someone who is working full-time. However, I don't spend hours typing my posts, as I hate writing. I have other things to do!

I will never write a book. The e-book that I wrote in 2005 was a brain-dump and it's now completely outdated.

I don't mind writing blog posts. I also don't mind spending a little extra time compiling references and creating links. I will stop blogging when I'm either depressed, incapable, dead or have run out of ideas (whichever happens first).

Comments will always be enabled. New commenters will always have their first comment moderated, as retrospective white-listing requires psychic powers! If I think that you can be trusted, I will whitelist you, so your future comments appear immediately.

I will blacklist new commenters for trying to post comments containing:-
Insults, swearing, links to sales pages, long rambles & pointless arguments.

F.A.O. Whitelisted commenters:-
If you break any of the above rules, you will be de-whitelisted until I can trust you again.

I learn a lot from your comments, so keep 'em coming!

Finally, any emails sent to me that contain opinionated and/or poorly-researched rants may be published here (and will get you added to the blocked email senders list). I prefer to keep things public. I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!


2 comments:

Mario Iwakura said...

Nige,

Rá! This just proves my theory that the nicest guys are electronic engineers!! ;-)

Nigel Kinbrum said...

Hi Mario,

Comment approved, LOL!

Nige.