Saturday 18 May 2013

Enzyme kinetics, standing on the sun and weird blog comments sections.

Firstly, enzyme kinetics.


Secondly, see Standing on the Sun Will Not Prevent Depression.
"It is probably safe to say that giving 70 year old women massive doses of vitamin D3 once a year is a bad idea - bones and mental state accounted for. "Clinical studies of vitamin D in clinical populations with documented insufficiency remain warranted." And, indeed, at no time in history would we ever have been exposed to 500,000 IU vitamin D3 in a single day."

Thirdly, bearing all of the above in mind, see The quack view of preventing breast cancer versus reality and Angelina Jolie, part 2. I soon became aware of a weird "dynamic" in the comments section. Trolling of newbies (that was my first and last time posting comments there) was not discouraged by the blog owner. In fact, the blog owner (David H. Gorski, MD, PhD, FACS) implied that I was an old troll that had returned. Charming! If someone attacks me, I do not turn the other cheek. I "hit" them back - hard. I did a lot of "hitting".

The trolls noticed that I replied to every comment aimed at me, as that's how I roll. They then bombarded me with a large number of comments, riddled with logical fallacies to try to tie me in knots. I replied to every one. I was then put in "detention" (pre-moderation) by the "Principal" (David H. Gorski, MD, PhD, FACS) for posting too many comments. The victim got punished. The trolls remained free. What a way to run a comments section!

I've decided to not leave any more comments there - ever. That's the only blog I've been on where newbies are expected to instinctively know the "correct" way (typing the tags "blockquote" and "/blockquote" in every comment) to quote the commenter to whom you're replying (I was putting quoted text in ""). Ivory Tower, much?

@Everyone: Which part of "Can people please stop leaving comments aimed at me, unless it’s an acknowledgement. I don’t want to have to leave any more comments on here – ever." did you not understand? Sheesh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I post your post to my wordpress blog? I
will add a backlink to your forum. That’s one actually nice post.


Feel free to visit my web site; how to increase chances of getting pregnant