Friday 3 May 2013

Foxy vs Internet Exploder - which is better?

Google Image search never fails to deliver...
First Google Image search result for "Foxy vs Exploder"
So, which is better? Firefox or Internet Explorer?

The answer is... It all depends! Drag the mouse pointer over the white area to reveal the text, unless you've come here via Paleobuzz, in which case you already know the answer!

I love Firefox. However, sometimes it drives me bat-sh*t crazy! Last night, I tried to use it to edit some html on my blog (to install the Disqus code) and the memory used by it went up and up and up, until my pooter started using pagefile.sys. Hard disk is about 1,000,000 times slower than RAM, so when pagefile.sys kicks-in, my pooter becomes as useful as a chocolate tea-pot.

I'm going to max-out my RAM and disable pagefile.sys, but my local shop hasn't got the RAM in, yet. I could use Internet Explorer to edit the html on my blog in the meantime, but I'm going to wait for the RAM upgrade and give Firefox another go.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I find that when it comes to memory efficiency, since I run a lot of crap and edit stuff, Chrome seems to be the least offensive.

Nigel Kinbrum said...

Been there, done that, didn't like it. See Foxy versus Shiny.

Unknown said...

Lol. Shiny.

I am sure you have been down that road, good sir.

It's just that with my devil may care attitude, I decided to give Chrome enough of a break until it picked up its own act. Or maybe it's just a case of browser being suited to my particular tasks.

Carb O'Phile said...

I found Chrome much better for adding in the Disqus code...IE just died when I tried it.

Nigel Kinbrum said...

Unfortunately, I have a love/hate relationship with Google Chrome - I love to hate it!

See link in 2nd comment.