Monday 2 June 2014

False dichotomies: cot'd.

I'm talking about the "What causes Z, X or Y?" & "What is best, X or Y" type statements.
From http://johnbarban.com/fitness-vs-fatness-a-false-dichotomy/

Some people believe that hormonal disruption causes obesity, rather than energy excess. The vast majority of people who are overweight or obese weren't born with hormonal disruption. It's years of chronic energy excess (see Determinants of the Variability in Human Body-fat Percentage for the many reasons causing it) that make people too heavy/fat than is healthy. Once too heavy/fat than is healthy, various hormones become disrupted, causing even more energy excess. Therefore, the cause of obesity is not one thing or another, it's both (plus lots of others), which is why reversing it is so difficult.

On Peter D's blog, the title reads "You need to get calories from somewhere, should it be from carbohydrate or fat?" I say "Both. And some protein. And a bit of alcohol, too!" And I know that I shouldn't start sentences with And.

It's been a while since I posted a video of me singing. Here's one from February this year.

No comments: